Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seriously!? Come on!!!

Well...after struggles with the insurance company we had finally set Bryn's surgery. It has been set for about 7 weeks for May 25th. I have prayed, along with many others, that she would not get sick and the surgery would go off without a hitch. So things are going fine, until Friday. Friday morning Bryn wakes up with a low grade temp and a cruddy cough. I called the moment she got out of bed to the pediatrician. I went in and he said she just had a cold. He told me that if green stuff started coming out her eyes we would need to go back on Monday. Most likely surgery would be cancelled if she was on an antibiotic. The fever stuck around yesterday and her nose was like a faucet...luckily it has been a clear faucet. Last night I went in to check on her about 8pm and she had green gunk in her eyes. Oh no!!! I called the pediatrician's on call nurse. They had a triage nurse call me back. She told me to first take a deep breathe :). Apparently I was stressin. She told me to give Bryn an antibiotic eye drop and to not give her any Tylenol unless her fever got about 101.5. Well the green gunk stopped this morning, the faucet is still clear, but she is sounding more congested.
I am so frustrated and emotionally exhausted. We have been waiting on this surgery for 6 months now. The anticipation has built up. My mom is supposed to be flying out to be here and I am nervous she will get here and the surgery will get cancelled. I don't want Bryn to wait any longer...I don't want to wait any longer. So my next step is to call the pediatrician and the hand surgeon tomorrow morning first thing at 8am! Ughh. Please pray that we can still go through with the surgery. Please, Please, Please!!!
And thank you to any of you that participated in a fast for Bryn. It is greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry Jen. I would be stressin too! I said a prayer for sweet Bryn and will keep you guys in our prayers. You're a wonderful mom - hang in there.

Catherine T said...

UGH!!! So sorry you are having to deal with this!

KRISTI said...

Many prayers from the Grahams. So sorry you're having to go through this. I know you want this surgery over with so she can heal and move on. Keep us updated!!!