Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hearing Test

As part of Bryn's physical therapy program that she is in, they have to do a hearing test. I am not concerned about her hearing at all. I know she hears me, she just chooses not to listen. Hmm...I don't know where she got that from :). But when I took her to the first hearing test she had had an ear infection about 2 weeks before and still had a little fluid in her ears so they failed her. Then about 6 weeks later we went back. Mind you Bryn is 18 months old. They tried to get her to follow this really boring humming noise. Bryn was way more interested in playing with the toys on the speakers. The lady would NOT pass Bryn under the reason that Bryn wasn't paying attention. We were told to go to an Audiologist. If she didn't pass there "glass box" test then they wanted to do a sedation hearing test on her. Today we went to the Audiologist for the hearing test. Of course....she passed. It was a much better test for an 18 month. Geez...I am her mother and am with her 24/7 and I know she can hear. I just hate going to dr.'s appt's that aren't needed! But anyways...she passed her hearing test!

1 comment:

mommaj said...

I feel your frustration, from doctors to teachers to who ever--no one listens to mom--duh we're with them all the time! Glad to hear things are going well. Congrats to hubby for graduation-HUGE deal and glad to hear that you haven't been blown away!