Sunday, May 18, 2008
Makenna loves T.V. but she says T.B. She can't say her V sound yet. Her favorite show is Spongebob and her favorite movie is 101 Dalmations. She always want to watch it and it can get annoying. So we set up her d.v.d player and let her watch it on the floor. She is so funny. She also loves cuddling with her daddy. Because he is studying so much she doesn't get much time with him so she loves to watch t.v. with him!
On Friday...Tyler took his last final!!! He is done being a 1L (first year law student). Friday night, Makenna spent the night at Grammy's house! Ty and I got to go on a date and not have to worry about how late we were out. We went to Boulevard Steakhouse for dinner. Then we came home and put on some more comfy clothes and headed out to see an 8pm movie, Ironman. haha...We never stay out past then. We got home around 10:30pm and didn't have to worry about putting Makenna to bed. We were able to turn the t.v. up as loud as we wanted in our room and watch Comedy Central and laugh as loud as we wanted. It was great! Then Saturday morning...I got to sleep in and then go to Wal-mart by MYSELF! Oh....how we take for granted the little things. I even got to shower and get ready without Makenna yelling at me or getting into things she wasn't supposed. Also...Tyler didn't have to say once that night, "I have to study!" It was amazing!!! Good job on all your hard work this past year Ty. Only 2 more to go. Thanks for watching Kenna for us Jan so we could have a much needed night out alone!!!!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Makenna's first real visit to the dentist was today. She was so good. Keri, the hygienist, cleaned her teeth. Makenna opened wide and let her polish and also was able to give her flouride. She got a cool new Mater toothbrush. I was so proud of her. Then I got my teeth cleaned right after and she was trying to help Keri clean my teeth...It was cute!
Oh my gosh! I am losing it! Makenna is definitely in her terrible 2's and I don't know what to do. I feel so tired and sick these days that I don't want to do anything. And on top of that...Tyler is gone with school...which ends tomorrow...Thank goodness...and Makenna is not listening at. I tell her no...she does it. I tell her no and give her a spankin'...she still does it. I tell her no, spank her and put her in time-out....she gets out and does it again. I have done everything I possibly know to do. Even tried the ignoring thing when she would cry. When she doesn't get her way she screams horribly. Please...Help... if you any ideas!!!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I woke up this morning late :). Makenna slept in till 8am which was so nice. Lately she has been up early. So what a perfect day for her to sleep in. Then I got the sweetest card from my husband. He wrote me the nicest, sweetest card ever. It just reminded me of how much I love him. He also gave me a movie and a little money to go spend on myself. Then this afternoon Kenna and I had some trouble at Kimber's baccalaureate...Kenna was just having some issues. We also got to go to dinner with Tyler's family. But when Kenna and I got home...it turned into the perfect Mother's Day for me. Kenna and I curled up on the couch and watched t.v. together and also read some books. I apologized for being mad at her and she said sorry to me. I love to cuddle with her and it made the perfect ending to the day. The only thing that I would have loved to have had is to spend it with my mom as well!
A few of my friends have been posting the top 10 favorite things about their kids. So I thought I would do the same about my little girl!
1. Her smile and laugh are infectious. No matter how mad you want to be at her or if you are just having a gloomy day...you can't help but smile when she does.
2. She is one of the smartest 2 year olds I know. She says things that I would never expect to come out of a 2 year olds mouth.
3. She can entertain herself. She will sit forever by herself playing with her mega legos and building trains. She will read to herself and play tea party by herself. She loves to play mommy and always makes sure her babies are fed and warm!
4. She is a great sleeper. Whether it is naps or bedtime she always gets in bed and goes to sleep. Sometimes she will lay in bed a read a book to herself and then go to sleep but I have been so lucky to have such a good sleeper.
5. She is such a daddy's girl and loves when daddy comes home. Her first question when I get her in the morning is, "Where's my daddy?" Then she answers right away...At school :). At bedtime prayers she says, "bless daddy study hard!" It is so cute.
6. Tyler was rubbing my neck one night and told Makenna that it made mom happy. So when I get upset or sad Makenna comes up and rubs my shoulders and says, "Its okay mommy. It's better." She doesn't like people to be sad and she tries to make them happy!
7. She loves her grammies and papas. She loves her grammy time with grammy Larsen and loves talking on the phone to grammy Caferine (Catherine).
8. She gives the best hugs and kisses. And I love to hear her say, "Lub you mommy!" She will always say she is sorry and give kisses when says goodbye!
9. Although it can be annoying sometimes...It is also cute. She loves to help with dinner, laundry and the dishes...Man I hope that lasts into the teenage years. She sings, "Clean up Clean up Everybody everywhere, Clean up Clean up Everybody do your share." She loves to pick up her room.
10. She likes to figure things out on her own. She will always ask me for help first and I tell her to figure it out. Then she gets so excited that she was able to do it on her own!
11. Okay...I have one more. She loves Jesus. It's so amazing to me that she can see a picture of him and knows exactly who he is. She loves to learn about him and sing songs about him. She loves saying prayers and singing, "I am a Child of God." She also likes to read her "family book" (meaning the scriptures). She is a great example to me.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Today we had some rough weather. It has been raining all day. At times it poured like crazy. At 5 o'clock I was on my way home from work and had to stop at Walgreens. I was line in the pharmacy drive-thru and all of the sudden the radio had an alert about a tornado and the tornado sirens started going off! I quickly backed out of line and called Tyler to see what was going on. He said the tornado warning was for our county and that the area they were worried about was about 10 minutes south of where I was. I ran into Walgreens...got the prescription ... got in the car and drove as fast as I could to Tyler's mom's house. She was watching Kenna. It was pouring rain. So hard at times it was hard to see. I started freaking out. I have seen the damage tornados can do and with our pathetic little shelter under our stairs...I'm totally terrified of being blown away. So I waited at Jan's for about 20 minutes and the 2 tornados hit ... 1 in Edmond and 1 in OKC and then the rotation stopped. Then I went on my way and drove home. All our family was safe and no damage. Trees were blown over and some people lost their roofs. And about 14,000 people between OKC, Edmond and Bethany are without power. Oh the joys of May. We still have 23 days left of it. Luckily...We get to leave on May 22nd!!! YEA!!!