Friday, April 17, 2009

Children

Kids crack me up. You never know what they are going to say. They are also so innocent and sweet. Tonight we were over at a friends house. They have a 5 year old little girl, Lily. Lily looked at Bryn's hands and said, "Her hands are so small. They are so cute." A few seconds later she said, "Doesn't she have any thumbs?" I told her no...that Bryn was special and only had fingers. I told her that Bryn had pinkies and fingers like her, but just didn't have thumbs. Lily said, "That is so cool. I wish I didn't have any thumbs." Then she was so excited and was telling her brother to come look at the cool baby without thumbs. I love how sweet children react to Bryn. My cousin's daughter, Landry, always talks about Bryn. She says she thinks Bryn is so cute without thumbs. She seems to have spent a lot of time thinking about it because she says that we shouldn't give Bryn thumbs. My cousin told her that it would be hard for Bryn to do things like hold the bars at gymnastics and hold a telephone. Landry said, "Mom...you can hold the phone with your shoulder." Kids are so funny!

No comments: