Sunday, November 23, 2008

ERRR!

This morning Makenna woke up covered in red splotches and bumps! The first thing that came to mind was bug bites...then chicken pox. They were on her neck, stomach, chest, back, legs and arms. I started freaking out. Where would she have gotten them? I couldn't think of anything that she ate different yesterday to have an allergic reaction. I was getting dressed to take her to the ER. We looked up online and Tyler's mom also stopped by to check them out and we determined that they were probably hives. The only thing we could think of is that I washed her blanket in a different detergent and it didn't agree with her. Once we got her changed and in new clothes the redness and bumps reduced dramatically. I gave her some benadryl and hopefully they won't come back. I was so nervous they were chicken pox and that Makenna wouldn't be able to meet her little sister until she was few days old. Children have ways of freaking out there parents. I am just glad the bumps are gone!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We've had this happen before, it's scary and frustrating! Kids always keep ya on your toes! I'm so excited to see pics of the new babe!

Laura said...

wow i'm glad they're gone too

Krystal Dooley said...

Yeah, we had that happen too. It's scary. I think i did the same thing you did... get the kids dressed ready to head to the Dr's office. But then we called and it was just hives. It's wierd. Benedryl worked for us too.
Congratulations on your new baby girl!