Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Grandpa Would Be Proud

My grandpa Jim is a fix-it man. He is usually pretty good about fixing things on his own. Growing up he would always change the breaks on our cars and help fix thing around the house. If I ever have a question about how to fix things...I call him. Well we have some things that are working quite right in our house. Bryn's lamp has been broken for about 2 weeks. It has been driving me nuts. The fan worked, but the pull chain for the lights broke. I got online and read on how to fix it and what I needed to do. I kept asking Tyler to help me, but he has been busy studying. So...today I gave in and did it myself. I took apart the fan and got everything removed. The pull chain wires weren't as they said they were online. So Tyler did stop by Home Depot on his way home today and bought the pull switch and asked the guy. They told him to cut it off and twist the wires together. Well...with that help from Tyler I got the fan put back together and the light now works. We fixed it on our own...with a little advice from the Home Depot man.

1 comment:

Christensen Family said...

I'm always so proud of myself when I do things like that. Good job!