Monday, June 14, 2010

3 Week Post-Op

Bryn had a cast put on again last week. I noticed on Thursday that is started slipping off. We called the dr. on Friday and he told us to come in today (Mon). I am so glad we took her in. Today it was almost all the way off her hand. Her fingers had been smashed together. Her wrist was in a funny position as well. Her hand had been sweating a lot and her fingers were raw in between them. The dr. said he thought her hand looked great. He laughed and said...it might look a little ugly right now, but it looks great! Once again...the Dr. knows what he is talking about! He cleaned it up with some alcohol and pulled of the scab. He then re-dressed it with only gauze. He didn't put a cast back on. He told us that he we could cancel our appt. next week. I asked if he was sure...he said yea. I told him our summer plans and he said he would see us in Aug. I told him I would feel better if he saw her before then and he told us he would see her back in 2 weeks. He told us we could take off the gauze in 5 days and leave it off for good. He said in 5 days she can get it wet and treat it like normal. So weird. I think I am more nervous with her new thumb this time than last time. It just looks more fragile too me.

No comments: