Tuesday, June 08, 2010

2 week Post-Op

Bryn and her new 'club'
Bryn getting her cast cut off

Today was Bryn's 2nd week Post-op appt. We were all ready for Bryn to lose her 'club' today. I was more prepared to see her thumb today...or so I thought. When the Fellow took off her cast it almost looked like her thumb was hanging off. I thought my worst nightmare had come true and her thumb didn't connect. But when I took a look from a different angle I could tell it was on there :). I still thought it looked horrible. The dr. said it looked great. But apparently the gauze moved away from her hand and let some moisture in. It was nothing we could have prevented because we couldn't see her hand...it was covered by the cast. So the incision wasn't able to dry up and scab. The dr. re-dressed it and made her a new cast. She has her cast on for another 2 weeks. Which means...no outside going to the park, swimming or the zoo. The next few weeks are going to be super super boring. The dr. doesn't want her sweating and getting more moisture than what would normally be there. So inside air conditioning house...you get to love the girls and I for at least 2 more weeks!
Bryn was pretty happy to have her cast off, for the 20 minutes. She was looking at her thumb trying to make it work. She wanted to to try and suck her thumb and she kept playing with it.

No comments: