Friday, December 05, 2008

Life

Well my mom left yesterday morning. Bryn had her 1 week check at the dr.'s office yesterday. The dr. was horrible. He did not address any of the major concerns I had and the minor concerns he just brushed off like no big deal. He did talk to me...he spoke with his PA...which by the way was who I was seeing. The dr. only came in because the PA had a question. The PA could only use big words and tell me what immunizations Bryn would get when she was older and what type of food she would eat at 6 months. It was so ridiculous. I left the appointment and got in my car and just cried. It was so awful. So I spent yesterday afternoon trying to find a dr. (whether it was on my insurance or not) that would take care of Bryn the way she needed to be taken care of. I met with a dr. today who I really liked. He told me what needed to be done to take care of Bryn's issues and set up a plan to get it done. He was calling other dr.'s for me to set things up. I felt so much better and feel that Bryn will get the care that she needs.
Makenna has been a great big sister and has been trying to help me with Bryn. She loves to give her kisses. Kenna has been wetting the bed almost every night and even with a pull-up it still makes it to the sheets. So I have been washing a lot of sheets. Hopefully we can get that under control soon.
Tyler has been gone the past few days studying for finals. It is hard not to have him home to help adjust to life with 2 kids, but I want him to get good grades too. So ... I just have to think...only 2 weeks left. 
Tyler and I just wanted our friends and family to know that we appreciate the thoughts and prayers. We appreciate those of you who have put our names in the temple. We also want our parents, especially our moms, to know that we love them very much and are grateful for all of their help!

4 comments:

Joneel said...

Way to take the bull by the horns, and take your daughters care into your very capable hands. So happy to hear that you found a dr. you like. It's important.

Cyndi said...

Wow, I'm sorry about your doctor. What a jerk! I'm glad you were able to find one you feel good about and who was willing to help you. I'm sure that is a huge relief. Good for you! I wish I lived closer to you so I could help you out. Please know I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Love you.

Laura said...

Good luck with everything! A good friend of mine told me that the first few weeks with 2 kids she had one goal: keep them alive! If all of her family was fed, and dressed she felt like her day was a success. And that much exhausted her! So, good luck adjusting. It will get easier. Just hang in there. I'm glad you found a better doctor.

Allie said...

I am SO SORRY that you had such a bad experience with that awful pediatrician!!! I can't believe someone would treat a patient that way. I only work on tuesday and friday this week and next week. I would love to help you out...have Makenna over to play with my boys, go to the store for you, whatever you need!!!!