Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I guess it's okay!

I have been waiting to post this for about 3 weeks now. I didn't want to jinx anything. But...I guess it is safe to say...Makenna is potty trained!!! A few weeks ago we had nothing to do so I thought we would try putting her in panties. So for an entire day we sat in front of the t.v. and every 20 minutes I would take her potty. Thank goodness for DVR because I could pause Spongebob and she would go happily to the restroom knowing she didn't miss a second. haha. The first week she only had ONE accident. Which I thought was amazing. Then she had one day that wasn't fantastic, but she has gone back to doing well. She wakes up dry almost every morning. She tells me when she has to go to the bathroom. I am so happy for her. It will be nice to only have 1 child in diapers at a time. I don't have a clue why all the sudden potty training clicked with her, but it did. It was a miracle. 

5 comments:

Waggoner Family said...

I hate you! :) Blake WILL NOT go poop in the toilet. He is potty trained for the most part during the day but not at night.

Stephanie said...

Hooray! Isn't it amazing?! Congrats to you and Makenna!! : )

Joshua & Laura Dalton said...

that's awesome!

TEAM BOWMAN said...

I think girls in general just get it quicker! and when I say "it" I mean everything:)

Brittnie said...

We just got back from the Student-Athlete Fireside and got to watch Steven sing "Armies of Helaman" with the rest of the football team!