Friday, September 19, 2008

Exhaustion!

Last night was a long one for sure. Thursday is Tyler's late night getting home. I let Makenna stay up past bedtime so she could see him when he got home. While we were playing in her room she forgot to tell me she had to go potty and she went all over the carpet in her closet. So I had to strip her down, bathe her and then go get the carpet cleaner and clean up the floor. Well then Tyler finally got home. He read Kenna a story and it was time for bed. We clipped the ends of her pacifiers so hopefully she would decide she didn't like them. So she laid in bed for awhile talking to herself saying, " I want my binky fixed." haha. Well Tyler and I watched the rest of the Colorado vs. West Virginia game and then went to bed. I had just taken my sleeping medication and then heard Makenna start crying. I ran in there and she was covered in puke! It was everywhere...in her hair, pillows, blankets, jammies...everything! I yelled for Tyler to help me and we stripped the bed down and I put her in the bath. Tyler had some stuff to do for school today so I sent him back to bed. Well...I got her situated after a bath and back into bed with new blankets and all and came down to start the laundry. 20 minutes later she started crying again. I went back in and there once again was puke everywhere. ERRR! I had to clean up more blankets and sheets and wipe her down. Now onto the 3rd set of p.j's for the night. I switched the laundry over and headed back up to lay down with her in her bed. I got my blanket and pillow and laid with her. By this time it is 1am. No sooner do I lay down with my stuff she starts throwing up again. I threw my pillow and blanket on the floor and let her do her business on her blanket.  So with the 4th set of p.j.'s for the night and new bedding I put us on the floor with a blanket. She would not fall asleep. Then a few hours later I put us back on the bed. Needless to say neither of us actually fell asleep until 4:30am and then I woke up about every 30 min. Makenna woke up at 8am and started kicking me telling me to wake up. I am so super tired. She is acting fine today so I dont know what the problem was last night. But it was awful!

6 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

You're nice to have let Tyler go back to bed. I so would have made Carter help me.

Steve and Jen said...

Oh how fun!!! I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Now that there are three kids it gets passed from one to the next and I am up for weeks, it feels like, cleaning up puke. Steve usually ends up with it too, but he can clean up himself. I must have a superhuman immune system, because I will rarely ever get sick when they do. Also Steve cannot handle other peoples puke (imagine him being a DR) so I am ALWAYS the one cleaning up.

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeppsen Family said...

What a horrible night! You looked pretty at church today!

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh I feel for you. Hopefully that doenst happen again any time soon. Miserable.

Stephanie said...

Wow. That sucks. Dealing with sick kids is the worst. Hope she's feeling better! : )