Monday, July 14, 2008

Ultrasound Pictures

This is her nose and lips. The small arrow is pointing right at her lips and the nostrils are to the left of that.
This is a better picture. You can totally see her lips and there is a dimple in her chin. Turn your head to the left....and you can see a lip pattern and then below that (if your head is still turned to the left) is the dimple.
This is her face in 4D. You can see her nose, eyes and mouth. Her nose looks funny because her face is squished against me.
This is her profile. Her face is at the top of the picture and the back of her head is at the bottom.
These are her feet. At least you can see that one of her feet has 5 toes :)
This is the picture they printed of her being a girl! To left is her bum and then her legs are sticking out. The arrow is pointing to her girl parts!

Well...almost exactly 3 years ago...we went to Dr. Stanley's office for Makenna's ultrasound. I was super super shocked when he told me it was a girl....I cried. I had the tech check twice and then I made the Dr. check as well. haha. Well this time....I was a little indifferent going into the ultrasound. I felt that it was going to be a girl...but also wanted it to be a boy. The tech asked us if we wanted to know. Then the words, "It's a girl!" came out. I was like, "really?" I am not upset at all. Didn't cry this time either. But I am still in a bit of shock. It will just be weird to have 2 girls. I grew up with all brothers until I was 10 years old and then Christy came along. I hope Makenna and her sister can become close and be best friends. Tyler and I are both super excited. The Dr. said everything looks great with the baby. I have 4.5 months to get her turned upside down :) right now her head is up by my belly button and her bottom is below. She does have a larger head. We heard her heart beat and saw her heart. Her kidneys look great, she has a nice long spine, has 2 arms ... haha tyler...and 2 legs. We couldn't be happier!!

8 comments:

Allie said...

Congratulations, Jen & Tyler! We probably had a similar reaction when we found out we were having the second boy. But it will be so fun having two girls who can become good friends and share clothes and experiences. They can even share a room as they get older. Those shots are so sweet, especially the one with her dimple in her chin :)

Stephanie said...

Yea! : )

The Cherry Family said...

That dimple shot is so sweet, and so clear. It's so amazing that you can see what your baby looks like inside you. Weird.

Andy and Melissa said...

How exciting to have two girls in a row. I kind of hope I have another girl so my two girls could then be best friends, but then having a boy seems exciting because I already have a girl. How fun! I am very excited for you. Ultrasounds are the best thing since pizza!

Waggoner Family said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! The best thing is they are both born in the winter to you are good on clothes! Although new stuff is always fun! I can't wait for her to get here. She and Kenzie will be great friends!

Brittnie said...

Congrats on another girl! I'm so excited for you guys! Looks like you got some awesome pictures-the little dimple is so cute!

Steve and Jen said...

Congrats!!!!That is so much fun. Reagan really wishes she had a sister. We have an ultrasound picture of Carter that shows his dimples too.

Corey and Ciara said...

Congrats!! I am so excited you are having another girl. Is Makenna excited to have a little sister??