Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day!

First of all... Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
Haha... This Valentine's Day had the best of intentions, but it didn't turn out the way we planned. Tyler and I have saved up some money this month so we could go out to the Cheesecake Factory for a nice Valentine's dinner. We had a babysitter and everything was good to go! Then Tuesday night came along. I got sick! I woke up Wednesday not feeling well and woke up this morning feeling 10 times worse. Jan, Tyler's mom, was supposed to watch Makenna while we went out but she is sick too. So since I was feeling crumby we cancelled our dinner plans. I spent the afternoon at the dr.'s office. I was told that I have the beginnings of strep. So I got some medicine and hopefully will start feeling better so we can go out for our Valentine's Day hur-rah another night! Tyler has also been sick for about 2 weeks and is finally starting to feel a little bit better. I hope that Makenna doesn't get sick! 
But anyway... Ty and I decided on no gifts this year since we were going out to a nice dinner.  But being the nice husband that he is... he bought me a small gift! He bought me a heart tin full of chocolate kisses and some burt bees wax chapstick - my favorite! But he didn't get a card. haha...but I got him a card and not a gift...so he said we are even!

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

I love this post because it helps me not feel bad about my valentines situation. I am also sick, with the flu - and andy has a bad cough, and Stella is trying to get over RSV, and last week Andy and I both had colds, so we may need to spray down our house with lysol. Andy wanted to take me to this nice japanese restaurant like we went to our first valentines day together, but, we didn't feel up to it. Especially me. I didn't feel like cooking though either - so I took some tylenol, and we went to this little cheap mexican restaurant and that was cool. The template for my blog is just the minima template. And then I made the picture thing for the header on photoshop - but any digital scrapbooking software would do. If you don't have photoshop you can download a free trial with some lessons also at a website - but I forgot what it is called so I will get back to you with that. Then, you just go to customize, and page layout, and edit header, and upload photo. the you just upload what you made in photoshop, and wallah! Hope that makes sense...let me know if it doesn't.