Friday, October 12, 2007

Scared Stiff!

I am deathly afraid of spiders. When I see one I get so scared that I pretty much become stiff. I start breathing really hard and I can't move. They gross me out so much! Well I was sitting on the couch for a bit relaxing while Makenna took a nap. I then decided I should get up and do some house cleaning while I didn't have a shadow around! While I was cleaning I noticed a small little black thing crawling on the floor. It was really really tiny so I grabbed my shoe and reluctantly squished it. I didn't want to get too close to it. Not too bad....so I thought. I thought that bug was bad until I continued to pick up the house. Makenna had a pair of her socks laying on the floor that she had taken off before I put her down for a nap. I went over to pick the socks up and noticed a HUGE brown and black hairy spider sitting right inside the sock. I jumped about 5 feet backwards and instantly became stiff. So I called my dad. After talking to him for about 10 minutes and watching the spider...my dad convinced me to kill it. I didn't want to use a shoe because I would have to get too close. So my dad suggested a frying pan. He said once you hit it to continue to smack it until I was sure it was dead. So not wanting to do this at all...I ran into the kitchen and got a pan. I took a deep breathe and then smacked the spider. I rubbed the pan over top of it hoping the first hit killed it. I was wrong. I lifted up the pan and out jumped a spider at me. I about had a heart-attack. I then smacked it about 15 times and rubbed him into my carpet...I know...gross. I then grabbed the vacuum and sucked it up. There was no way I was touching this one. Man....I wish Tyler was at home to have taken care of it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jen, you're so funny! They make me sqeamish too. I tell Joel he has to kill them, and he says, "why me?"

"Cause you're the man, why else?"

As if there should be more reason than that :)

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh Jen...that is soooo gross. I am a spider hater too, and I totally know how you feel. We used to live in my grandmas basement, and there were a ton of huge spiders there. I would be so freaked out by the spiders that I would freeze up too and just stare at them. I would wish I had lazer beams in my eyes to kill them cause getting close just freaked me out. I feel for you.