Sunday, June 03, 2012

Tyler's Accident


The other driver didn't have as much damage. It busted out her back window and dented up the back, but it was drivable. Tyler hit the back left corner.
On May 11, 2012, Tyler was in a car accident. We had plan to go to dinner and bowling with some friends. I had dropped the girls off at the YMCA for a parents night out at 6:30. I jumped in the car with our friends and at 6:35 I got a call from Tyler. He said he had been in an accident and was okay, but needed me to come get him. We turned around and I got my car and drove to find him. It had been raining and the roads were slick. He was headed to meet me for our date. A lady pulled out of her housing addition and turned left in front of him. She might have cleared his path, but because of the rain, she spun out. She did a 360 and landed back in Tyler's lane. He tried to move, but there was no where he could go. He ended up plowing right into her. Not much damage happened to her car, but his whole front end was smashed. It was not drivable. It was not his fault and her insurance has now accepted liability. Tyler is driving a rental. The insurance did not total his truck and just started repairs this week. A total bummer since his truck was only a couple months. He had gotten it brand new. We are both glad that he is okay.

No comments: