Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter (Night Before)

Der Easter Bunny. I love you. Makenna
The Easter Bunny's food and water.
Tonight Kenna, Bryn and I read the story of Jesus death and also his resurrection. Tyler was at conference. Then Bryn went down to bed and Makenna and I colored Easter eggs. Then I asked her what kind of treat she wanted to leave for the Easter bunny.

Kenna: I want to leave him a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Me: Why?
Kenna: Because you like them and Ryder likes them so the Easter bunny will like them.
Me: Okay. What about carrots?
Kenna: Oh yea...those too. Bryn can give him the carrots!

Then we wrote the Easter bunny a letter. Makenna had to have one that she wrote too. She got her and Bryn's basket out and put them on the fireplace.

After we made the PB & J sandwich, I cut it in half. She said,
Kenna: I know why you are cutting it in half.
Me: Why?
Kenna: Because the Easter bunny has a kid and he will be hungry too. So the Easter bunny will eat one half and his kid will eat the other!
Me: (trying not to laugh) Okay. What does the Easter bunny want to drink? Milk or water?
Kenna: Water. Milk makes him choke!

Kids are funny!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

SO cute and endearing. That's so fun that you have it documented.

KRISTI said...

This is so cute!!! Don't you wish you could record so much more!!! This will be so fun to look back on!