Saturday, February 27, 2010

So Cute

Tonight Makenna was drawing pictures of herself and the family. I wish I would have brought it home with us, but I didn't. Anyways...she drew a picture of herself in red and then put a green spot on her forehead. I asked who she drew and she said, "I drew me mommy (and pointed the the green spot and said) with my hemangioma. It was so cute. Ever since she was little we acted like her "birthmark" was no big deal, because it's not. Kids would poke at it and ask her what happened and she would say it was a kiss from her Papa Beals. As she got a little older we taught her the correct name for it. I am so happy that she is comfortable in her own skin and it doesn't bother her. I make sure everyday to tell my kids how beautiful and wonderful they are. Now when I say, "Makenna...do you know that you are beautiful?" she says, "Yes Mom!! I know!!" haha!

1 comment:

megan said...

ya know, that's impressive. Both that she is just fine with it and the fact that she can say it. That's a big word!