Thursday, July 16, 2009

Storms

OH MY GOSH!!! I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. Makenna went out with Tyler's mom for a grammy/kenna day. Tyler and I decided to take Bryn and go on a date. Tyler wanted to go to Ted's, but I wanted Chili's if we were going for chips and salsa. So a little after 4pm we left and stopped by the dr.'s office to pick up some paper work. We saw some lightning and it started raining a bit on our way out. Well the main street to Chili's is hard to get across so we were going up another road to be heading north to be able to turn right into Chili's. So we made it up the road a few miles and the storm got worse. The wind started blowing really hard and the rain was really bad. So we were going to hop on the extension and go home. Well...bad idea. We got onto the extension and the wind picked up, the hail hit hard and it was white out conditions. I seriously felt the car shaking and all I could think about was that we were going to blow right off the road. The winds were up to 85mph. I was totally freaking out. We got to an overpass and stopped underneath it. Tyler then drove up to the next over pass. I thought our windows were going to bust out and we could hardly see right in front of us. The radio said that the wall cloud was getting rotation and moving lower to the ground. But the storm was moving south. Tyler was trying to keep driving north so we could move out of the storm. Next thing I hear is the radio guy screaming that a transformer just blew out. We saw Chili's and I told Tyler and felt safer just driving home. Well by the time we made it back up the extension the rain had pretty much stopped and the bad weather was in the south part of town. So we stopped at Ted's (where Tyler originally wanted to go) and ate. I should have just given into him and gone to Ted's and we wouldn't have been in that horrible storm. On the news we saw that a bunch of power poles are down right in the area we were at. There are about 30,000 people in 4 different cities that are without power now. There are a lot of power poles down just a few miles south of us!

1 comment:

Corey and Ciara said...

Scary...glad you guys are okay.