Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Scared to Death!

For many of you that have children in a big kid bed...you may have experienced your children coming into your room in the middle of the night for a bad dream or whatever it may be. Makenna has been in a big girl bed for about a month now and has NEVER gotten out bed. We have been so lucky. In the morning she just lays in bed talking until we get her. Last night Tyler and I were dead asleep. All of the sudden I heard a light switch and light go on in the hall. I jumped about 8 feet in the air and screamed, "Tyler...someone is in our house." We both jumped out of bed and swung open the door. To our surprise...Kenna was standing in the hallway with both her blankets just staring at us. She had to go to the bathroom. I have never had anybody walking around my house at 2am and it scared me. We told Makenna she had to stay in bed at night and then this morning I didn't say anything to her about. But she started laughing and told everyone we saw that she scared mommy and daddy. She thought it was funny!!

2 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

That would have scared me to death too! But what do you do when they have to go to the bathroom? Under 100 days to go til baby!!

Stephanie said...

That would freak me out too! Haley is always waking me up in the morning and sometimes she scares the crap out of me!