Saturday, August 16, 2008

5 Years!!!!

5 years ago
5 years ago today, Tyler and I were married in the San Diego LDS Temple. I can't believe it has already been that long.  For our anniversary this Tyler gave me the coolest present ever. He bought Kenna and I a plane ticket to California and I get to leave this Monday!!!! 
The other night we went out to celebrate and we thought we would try a new restaurant. We got dressed up, drove to downtown OKC, paid $3 for parking and went in to the restaurant. I thought Tyler had checked the place out online before we went there. We sat down and I looked at the menu and didn't see anything that I would want to eat. I asked Tyler if he knew what he wanted. He said yea and then glanced at the price. It was about $30 just for an entree. Plus we would have to buy all the sides separate and drinks. So quickly Tyler picked up his phone and acted like his mom had called and that we needed to go pick up Makenna. I felt like an idiot getting up and leaving after we had already sat down. But as poor law students...we couldn't and didn't want to afford that price of food ($60 or more). We weren't even sure if we were going to like it. So all dressed up we got in the car and drove to Texas Roadhouse. It is one of those places where you throw peanut shells on the floor. But for $30 ALL together we got drinks, loaded sides and smothered steaks. haha. It was a funny night. I don't think I have laughed so hard in one night before.
I love Tyler so much. This past year with him being in law school has been rough. He has tried really hard to do little things for me throughout the year (cards, flowers, gifts). He is a great husband and father. Makenna adores him. I am looking forward to the next 5 years and beyond with him! Happy Anniversary Tyler! I love you!

4 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

Dang! 5 years goes by so fast. Hope you guys have a great day.

Corbin and Amy said...

Tyler was pretty smooth at the restaurant and I would have been embarrassed too, but we would not pay $60 + for a meal that we weren't sure we would like either. Sounds like it was a fun night. Have fun in Cali.

Elizabeth said...

Has it really been 5 years? WOWZA, I remember going to your reception at the Larsen's home; crazy! Loved catching up on your blog, the posts of Kenna singing are too precious! How are you feeling?

Taylor H. said...

dang, I remember your reception at the Sim's house. look at you now, with a kid and a half! Taylor and I have only been married for 9 months and I can't believe how fast that has gone by! I'm sure 5 years will be here before I know it!