Sunday, January 05, 2014

Baby Brother

INTRODUCING....
Logan James Larsen
7lbs. 11.9ounces
20inches long
Born December 18, 2013




 first time holding brother

 First family photo

Dr. Goff with Logan

On Wednesday, December 18, I headed to the hospital to be induced. The night before, I didn't sleep and had extreme back pain. I totally thought I was in labor and was expecting for a quick, simple delivery. I arrived at 7:30am to the hospital. I got hooked up to the IV and everything else. The nurse then informed me I was only at a 2. Pitocin was started. I had contractions every 1-2 minutes but noting unbearable. I was having bad back pain though. I didn't get my epidural because I wasn't feeling horrible. After 5 hours, the nurse then told me that I was only at a 3. I couldn't believe after 5 hours I was not progressing. Finally around 5pm the doctor came in. He decided to break my water, I had not gotten my epidural yet. It was extremely painful and the contractions ramped up. I got super sick and was screaming in pain. About 45mins later, I got my epidural. Although my epidural didn't really work and gave me the bad shakes and I could still feel all the contractions. Yet it didn't take long to get to a 10 and I was ready to push. The dr. was in surgery. They kept calling him. He luckily made it just in time. I was having back pain because Logan was face up and pushing his spine against mine. When he was finally out, it was like the epidural medicine was finally able to go to my back and ended up making me numb from the neck down. But Logan was here, happy and healthy. He is so sweet and super cute.

No comments: