Sunday, December 09, 2012

Basketball

Makenna started her first season of basketball with practice on November 30. The first practice was not pretty. She has never played and I don't think she has ever really shot a basketball to the hoop. The second practice got cancelled and Kenna had her first game on Dec. 8. I was really nervous to see her play. At least the other girls on the team can make it to the rim. Although Makenna may not be able to make a basket yet, she knows how to steal a ball and dribble down court. She knew how to cover the player from the other team and get the ball from them. She really surprised me. I have to say that 6 year old girls basketball is pretty comical. I am excited to watch Makenna grow and learn in this sport. Ty and I were both very proud of how well she played today.

No comments: