Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1 Year Ago Today

Look at how awesome this looks. You can click on the picture to see it in a bigger format!


Waiting for surgery
At the hospital on October 13, 2009
After surgery...still smiling!
One year ago, today,
- I was scared to death.
- I couldn't sleep.
- My little girl did not have thumbs.
- I handed Bryn off to a nurse in hopes she would be well taken care of. (she was)
- I watched my little girl cry in pain because she didn't understand.
- I spent the night in the hospital so she could be watched over.
- I wasn't completely sure that her surgery would work.
- I was more thankful for the Priesthood in my life than ever before.
- I watched Makenna grow as a support to her sister.

Today
- I have since watched Bryn have another surgery.
- She uses both of her thumbs completely like anyone born with thumbs would!!!!
- I am no longer scared.
- My little girl has 2 working thumbs!
- I am a complete believer in pollicization surgery.
- I am thankful for supportive family and friends who helped us through Bryn's surgery!
- I am thankful for a great dr. who could perform such a surgery!
- I am thankful for Makenna and her willingness to help Bryn learn how to use her hands better

I can't believe that Bryn had her first surgery 1 year ago! I was so nervous her thumb would not work. It took 3 months for it to completely move and work, but now it is working awesome. Her scar looks amazing and she uses her hands like any other kid her age!

3 comments:

B_Renee_A said...

Awesome. <3

Corbin and Amy said...

I can't believe it has already been a year since her first surgery. I'm so glad it has been so successful! She is such a STRONG little girl and she has a very strong mommy!

Andy and Melissa said...

Yea for basicallly everything you posted. I knew tyler passed, but I hadnt seen the pic until this time. I almost cried seeing it. Andy took the bar a little before tyler, and they wont be posted until Oct. 26th. It is way too long to make someone wait! And Brynn thumbs are amazing. I am so glad you guys decided to go for the surgery, because she looks like she is using them so well!!