Monday, March 27, 2006

My Dad!!

Well I have been slacking. I haven't put an update of my dad up in awhile. Well...things are progressing. He had a swallow test last week and passed. That is good news. The doctor started him on applesauce, yogurt, pureed fruit and mashed potatoes. He still has the feeding tube to supplement with the canned food and to be able to have water. He can't have liquids or foods like ice cream or popsicles that will melt too fast. I guess liquids will be that last thing he will be able to have. This week they talked about starting him on foods like scrambled eggs and casserole type foods. So its pretty exciting. Can you believe he really hasn't eaten anything by mouth in over 3 months?? That is crazy. But prayers have been answered and he is doing much better. His vocal cord is still paralyzed and he can't talk very well but he is doing therapy to help that.

No comments: